This is a health and fitness blog, I know, so the topic of Rhinoplasty (nose jobs) might seem a little bit out of place at first glance. However, if you bear with me for just a second, you will understand why it fits in here perfectly! ;)
A huge part of why we workout is because we want to look good, feel good, and be healthy. And that’s wonderful. There is a huge sense of accomplishment and self-worth that comes from living a healthy, active lifestyle. You simply feel better about yourself on the inside & outside, and the world notices!
But it can be taken a step further. You may have exercised your way to great health and a killer body, which is amazing in itself, but you may still feel there is something missing. We weren’t all born with super model looks and flawless features. Some of us need a little extra help. Often times, it’s the nose that can help or hurt a face the most. Luckily there is something you can do about that too! Most of us know it as a “nose job” but the official term is the “Rhinoplastly” procedure.
What is Rhinoplasty?
Most people know what rhinoplasty is, but the problem is that they know it by a different name. This cosmetic surgery procedure is more popularly known as a nose job, and it involves the reshaping or re-sizing of the nose. Just like any other cosmetic surgery this can be for medical purposes or beauty purposes depending on the needs of the person involved. The procedure is performed by a cosmetic surgeon. For example, for a Rhinoplasty nose job in Des Moines Iowa you would contact Dr. Cherny at http://heartlandps.com
Conditions that may call for a nose job
Some people go for rhinoplasty simply because they are not comfortable with how their nose looks like. Others do it because they believe that a nose job will make them look more attractive. In most cases, this is true but there are some specific conditions that necessitate a nose job. Some of these conditions include the following.
· If your nose appears too big compared to your face or it’s not proportional with your face.
· The presence of a bump on the nasal bridge that is mostly evident when your nose is viewed in profile.
· Plunging or drooping of the nasal tip.
· An enlarged or excessively thickened nasal tip.
· Excessively flared nostrils.
· Asymmetrical nose due to a previous injury.
· Crooked or off-center nose.
How much does a nose job cost?
It would be very inaccurate to give a precise average figure for a nose job since there are several factors that determine how much you pay for it. The cost of this surgery will depend on the extent of the surgery, the severity of the damage in case of an accident and also the level of expertise of the surgeon performing it. However, rhinoplasty costs less than most of the other cosmetic surgeries.
What are the benefits of Rhinoplasty?
· Breathing better: Many people suffer from breathing problems as a result of the shape of their nose. A nose job can be used to open up the nasal passage and hence allowing you to breathe better.
· Makes you look more attractive: It is widely known that facial symmetry determines how attractive a person is viewed to be by others, and so a more symmetrical nose will make one look more beautiful.
· Boosts your self-confidence: Many people are victims or ridicule by their peers due to the shape of their nose which leads to self-esteem issues. A nose job will help give your nose a perfect shape and hence meaning that you never have to worry again about how your nose looks like.
Is it worth it?
Given the above three benefits and the many more not mentioned and the low cost of the procedure rhinoplasty is definitely worth it. Whether as a corrective procedure or purely as a cosmetic procedure a nose job is worth trying as it has the potential of changing the way you feel about yourself.